Be Our Guest!
Are you a blogger? A writer? A photographer? A parent? A teacher? Someone with something important, funny, or relevant to say? Someone with something special to share? Someone with a story to tell?
Because we’d love to have you!
We’ll take tips, stories (factual or fictional), inspirational posts, and much more. We love writing, traveling, and true tales of adventure best of all!
A few things to keep in mind:
- Include something inspirational
- Include something beautiful
- Include something humorous
- Include something personal—use your unique voice!
- Exclude profanity (any swear words will result in an automatic rejection)
- Exclude cut-downs of others
- Exclude content that is not your own
All you have to do is send me an email with your article included. Please include “guest post” somewhere in the subject line.
*Note that I reserve the right to edit submissions before publication. But don’t worry, I’ll send the final copy for your ok before posting it here on Writing Life!*
Publish Through Pillar House Press
Have a story you’d like to share? Right now, we take submissions for short stories, both fiction and non. In the future, we’ll expand to more types of literature. Read the guidelines below, and then see about contacting us with your creation!
Short stories should:
- Be 2,000 words or less
- Be clean and family-friendly in language, behavior, and content
- Be intentional and clear (i.e. no stream-of-consciousness, purposeless writing)
Send me an email with your short story included as a word doc (no pdfs, please). Please use “Short Story – Your Name” in the subject line.
If your story passes our inspection, we’ll contact you about a contract and rights. If we choose not to use your story at this time, you’ll receive a rejection email from us within two weeks (don’t worry, I’m nice about it:)).
*Note that I reserve the right to edit submissions before publication. But don’t worry, I’ll send the final copy for your ok before publishing it here on Writing Life!*
Happy writing! Can’t wait to hear from you.